Oxygen therapy is great for people who do not get enough oxygen intake from the air for whatever reason. Oxygenation treatments can be given to help improve quality of life by improving energy levels and sleep. Some of the conditions that oxygen therapy can help include:
- Cystic fibrosis
- Sleep apnea
- Injury to the respiratory system
- Heart failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Some symptoms of oxygen deficiency that may be alleviated with oxygen therapy are headaches, fatigue, irritability and swollen ankles.
When you see our specialist for a consultation, we can help you determine if oxygen therapy can be of benefit to you. This type of therapy is recommended for some people almost all the time. Others only need it occasionally. Our oxygenation treatments are done in the comfort of our office during a relaxing steam room treatment session.
It’s important to understand that oxygen therapy is actually a very generalized term. There are different types of oxygen therapy, including:
- Oxygen gas that is stored in a portable tank.
- Oxygen concentrators.
- Liquid oxygen, which may be in a portable tank. It is highly-concentrated so that more can fit in a smaller tank.
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy, in which the raised air pressure inside the room increases the amount of oxygen the person breathes. This type of oxygen therapy may be used for sports injuries, accident victims or serious infections.
When you visit our specialist at Mitodynamics in Orlando, you can learn about the type of oxygen therapy that we offer and how it can significantly improve quality of life for people who can benefit from it. Contact us today to book an initial consultation and get started.